“The church of All Saints Corn Street is one of three medieval churches grouped at
the crossroads of the medieval city. Probably a pre-Conquest foundation (Leland mentions
it as already existing in 1066), the church has been enlarged and altered over successive
centuries. The graceful tower and cupola replaced an earlier one, and was begun in
1712. It is an odd mixture of Gothic and Classical forms. It was completed in 1717.
The cupola was rebuilt in 1807 by Luke Henwood, the Bristol City Surveyor. The tower
was further restored in 1930 and 1972. “ (Extract from Church Crawler site)
Nimbus was asked to replace four glass fibre resin urns from the parapet of the tower.
These had presumably been made in the 1972 restoration but were not U. V. resistant
and had become dangerously weakened around the four fixing bolts. Our team Including
myself, Iain Cotton and an assistant named Fell Star worked on the mould making
and casting of the new urns. This time using heavier weight matting and U. V. resistant
resin. We also made a very secure armature in stainless steel running through the
whole urn and fixed deeply into the parapet to ensure that there was no possibility
of a structural failure in future.